Google Calendar is the most popular cloud-based calendar. It is a must-have tool for everyone who wants to organize his life. It is the only working solution for people who want to get organized and save time.
If you are already using Google calendar on your smartphone, you might be wondering how you can get it on Windows desktop. Unfortunately, there is no official Google calendar app for Windows. In this post, we will focus on some of the ways that you can use to get Google calendar on your desktop and be able to open it while working on your computer. Here are the five ways that you can use to get a Google desktop calendar on your desktop quickly.
1. Use the calendar app
Windows comes with a default calendar. You can use this calendar to connect with your Google account and your Google calendar. If you are already using the calendar application on your desktop computer, here is all that you need to do to connect it with Google calendar:
1. Launch the Calendar app and then click the Settings button that is on the lower left of the application’s window.
2. In the right-hand sidebar that will appear after clicking the Settings button, select Manage Accounts.
3. Choose Add account >> Google and then sign in to your Google account.
4. You will see a confirmation message after a successful connection with your Google account. Once you get this message, click Done.
5. Close the Settings sidebar and then click on the Expand button to see the Google account you have added. Click to check the box next to the Google account you have just added. You can now add new entries into your Google calendar and edit your existing appointments.
2. Use Browser Extension
The other easy way to get Google Calendar on Windows desktop is to add it to your browser. You can do this by just downloading and installing the Google Calendar browser extension. Checker Plus for Google Calendar is a free Google Calendar browser extension that works with both Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
If you are using the Chrome browser, visit Chrome Web Store, search for Checker Plus for Google Calendar and then click the Add to Chrome button. If you are using the Firefox browser, click on the menu icon that is on the top right of the browser’s window and then select Add-ons on the sidebar that will appear on the right. Enter ‘Checker Plus for Google Calendar’ on the Find more add-ons search bar and then click the search icon. You can also click here, to go to the Checker Plus for Google Calendar Firefox Add-ons page. Now click Add to Firefox to download and install Checker Plus for Google Calendar.
After installing the Checker Plus for Google Calendar extension, you will be able to see the agenda for the day with the toolbar button. To add new events to your Google Calendar, all you need is to click the Plus (+) button that is on the top.
3. Create a Google Calendar shortcut
Another simple way to get Google Calendar into your computer is by creating a Google Calendar shortcut. Here is how you can create a Google Calendar shortcut on your desktop:
If you have already installed the Calendar app from Chrome Web Store, all that you need is to add a link to your taskbar and desktop. If you have not yet installed the Calendar app, go back to no. 2 to learn how to add Google Calendar to the Chrome browser.
Steps to get Google Calendar to your desktop using a simple shortcut
1. Open Google Calendar in the Chrome browser and then sign in.
2. Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button that is on the top right of the Chrome window and then select More tools >> Create shortcut.
3. Key in (Enter) the name of your shortcut and then click Create Shortcut.
4. Navigate to the directory holding the shortcut and then drag it to your desktop. If you don’t want to have too many shortcuts on your desktop, right-click on the shortcut and then either select either Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar, depending on your preferences.
To use the Google Calendar that you have just created, you should double click it. After double-clicking the shortcut, Google Calendar will open in your default browser.
4. Add Google Calendar to Outlook
Do you have Outlook installed on your computer? You can import your Google calendars into this app. You will have to import all your Google Calendars individually hence the need to repeat the same process for each calendar that you want to import.
How to add Google Calendar to Outlook
Login to your Google Calendar and then navigate to My Calendars >> [Calendar name] >> More >> Settings and Sharing and then scroll down to integrate calendar.
Copy the secret address in ICAL format and then launch Outlook and navigate to File > Account Settings > Account Settings > internet Calendars > New and then paste the unique address on the pop-up window that will appear. Repeat the same process to add all your Google calendars to Outlook.